The following letter was sent to Simpsonville Chamber of Commerce members by Chamber President Allison McGarity:
We know that many businesses within Simpsonville’s City limits have feedback and suggestions to share with City Council regarding the FY 2017-2018 Budget’s implications on trash removal services. In lieu of the Forum that was planned for Tuesday morning, City leaders are inviting such input via any of the channels listed below. City leaders have expressed a willingness to fully consider alternative options for solving the trash removal and budgeting issue, so we encourage you to take advantage of these options:
- City Council Meeting – Tuesday, June 27th at 6:30pm
- Business owners and residents from the City can sign up to address members of Council at the beginning of each meeting. Each individual on the agenda will be given two minutes to speak. In order to be on the agenda, you must arrive before 6:20pm and place your name on the sign-up list at the door. Contact City Hall with any questions about this process.
- Call or Write to City Council Members
- Each member of Council is receptive to communication regarding this issue. You can find individual contact information for each ward representative and the mayor by clicking here.
- Temporary Suggestion Boxes
- Written feedback and suggestions can be dropped into two temporary suggestion boxes that will be available this week at the Chamber office and City Hall.
- The box at the Chamber office will be available during our regular office hours, until Thursday (6/22) at 4:00pm. The contents of our box will be transported to City Hall on Friday morning.
- The box at City Hall will be available during their regular hours until 5:00pm on Friday (6/23).
- All submissions will be compiled and shared with members of Council in advance of the Tuesday meeting.”