Fountain Inn’s May City Council Meeting will include a presentation of the new City Master Plan that provides solutions for ten unique objectives. The Plan is a result of planning task-force research, surveys, and community input. While this is not a first reading of the Plan, citizens can get a full view of what’s coming for their City at this meeting.
The Top Ten Goals from the Fountain Inn Master Plan:
1. Redevelop Woodside Park and make improvements to PD Terry City Park
2. Develop a tax incentive or matching fund for the restoration and preservation of historic buildings and/or sites
3. Connect Woodside park to the Central Business District through the redevelopment of Woodside Mill Village, the expansion of the Central Business District zoning standards to Woodside Avenue, and by providing multi-modal connections where possible.
4. Develop rural conservation standards
5. Connect the Swamp Rabbit Trail sections to each other, directly to Main Street, and to the city sidewalk inventory
6. Develop standards that promote walkable traditional neighbor-hood design standards with large lots
7. Develop necessary infrastructure to recruit additional industrial businesses into the city limits 8. Invest in and grow the City’s festivals
9. Update Main Street from Jones Street to Highway 418 with similar on-street parking, planting and sidewalk standards as Main Street from Fairview Street to Jones Street
10. Further integrate The Arts into the community by providing in-creased access to art education opportunities and public art
The full plan can be reviewed in advance at the Greenville County website.
The City has also scheduled a Budget Meeting for Tuesday, May 9 at 6pm. That agenda can be found here).